Located on Brookhill Drive at Discovery Park in the Brookhills Subdivision
Garden will consist of twenty one 20’ x 20’ plots (400 sq. ft.).
- Beginning March 9 - $30 residents only
- Beginning March 20 - $45 NR based upon availability
- All plots will be issued on a first come/first served basis.
- No more than 2 plots will be issued per registrant.
- Registration will take place at the Recreation Department offices.
Parks Department will till the soil and mark the plots, using recycled street grindings for the paths between the plots.
Containers will be provided for refuse and garden waste.
Picnic tables will be available at site.
- The village will supply the water. No hoses are allowed. Gardeners must supply their own hand held watering containers
- Gardeners must regularly weed and tend to rented plot during the season. The Parks Department may clear untended plots.
- Gardeners must clear all dead plants and prepare plot for winter by the end of the first Sunday in November.
- Only organic pesticides and fertilizer meant for vegetable crops are allowed. WEED KILLER IS NOT ALLOWED.
- Absolutely no large containers left standing to collect water.
- No pets are allowed in the garden area.
- Shake dirt off roots when removing plant waste from plot. Dispose of plant waste in garden waste receptacle only.
- Wire fencing of no more than 24” in height is allowed around individual garden plots to keep wildlife away.
- The Village of Orland Park is not responsible for the garden itself, or anything in, or pertaining to the garden. This includes damage caused by weather/flooding, vandalism. Each renter must sign a waiver of liability.
- Gardeners should harvest all ripe vegetation on a daily basis
Contact the Village of Orland Park Parks Department for more information at 708-403-6219. Registration is available at either Recreation Department office, Franklin Loebe Recreation Center, 14650 Ravinia Avenue or Sportsplex, 11351 W. 159th Street.